Sunday, May 17, 2009

Gracie...My Dancing Queen!!!

So, after 9 whole months of forcing her to wear ballet shoes and tights...and then begging her to take off her tap shoes once we got home...we finally had our dance recital!
*************************************************************
Thursday night was her dance rehearsal...and she did great!!! She loved the lights, the stage and the performing...no stage fright at all!!! But Saturday night, after a missed nap and rushing to get the the concert hall, she was not happy about the recital. It took 45 minutes to get her into her costume and she did not want to get lined up for her dance. I was almost in tears thinking about all the wasted time and money spent on dance class!!! Then, when it was time to go...she decided it was time to perform!!!
*********************************************************
So, here she is...in her first performance!!!!

I was so proud of my Gracie-boo!!! And I am not ashamed to say that I did cry!!! It was so cute!

After the recital, Gracie got a bouquet of flowers from her Grandaddy. She was all about posing then! Here are some pics from after the recital...

Gracie with my PawPaw...I just love this picture!!!
Gracie outside of the concert hall...
So glad she made it on stage and did her dance...I am so proud of my big girl!!!

And with that being said, I am soooooo glad dance is over...well, at least until September!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

She is so precious!!

SouthernDogwoods said...

What a little cutie! Love the picture of Pop & Gracie!